This week’s Diva Challenge is to move beyond our comfort zone. The one tangle I never do because I can never seem to get it is Chainging. so I decided that’s what I needed to do. Scary!! If you look at my tile, my first attempt at Chainging (the one on the left of the tile) didn’t work. It actually has two pieces in the middle that don’t connect. So I tried again, the next one in the center just looked sloppy to me. At this point I almost thought about skipping this challenge. The little voice in my head was screaming “I can’t do this.” But I gave it one more try and really took my time. It seemed more balanced to me and I felt it was a big improvement. I’m not sure how often I’ll use this tangle, but at least I feel like I can do it now. I added a little color and spider webs for Halloween :)
Thanks Laura for pushing us out of our comfort zone!!
This week’s Diva Challenge was to use Fengle and Quandary together, and I have to say it was a frustrating challenge for me. I love Fengle, and I do like Quandary, but putting them together was a ‘quandary’ for me! I wound up doing three tiles because I wasn’t happy with my first attempt. My Quandary was all wonky. I was a little happier with my second attempt, but felt Fengle was getting lost on the Quandary background so I decided to add color to it to make the Fengle stand out. Still not quite satisfied I attempted a third, keeping Fengle out of the Quandary background. I liked it a little better. I know this was supposed to be just Fengle and Quandary, but just as I was finishing the last tile my pen went a little wonky and I had to add a little bit of Bronx Cheer to cover it up (It was driving me crazy!). So now I’m officially quandaried out, and here are my three tiles.
This week’s challenge is to use dots! Lots and lots of dots! In other words, ‘pointellism’. I’ve only done this method once before so it was a bit of a challenge. I had some difficulty shading using just the dots. I didn’t get a lot of contrast, but it was fun trying something different!
This week’s Diva challenge was to use Jane Eileen’s ‘8s Parte Dos’. I really like it, but I found it a little tricky because every time I thought I had connected all the dots, I’d find some I hadn’t. I think I have them all now :)
This week’s Diva Challenge was to look around us and find borders, deconstruct them and make tangles. It was inspired by Rick and Maria’s latest blog. I didn’t need to look too far. The fabric cover on my Kindle has saucers and teacups on it and I found 3 of the borders there. The 4th was a basket. I used a line of the weaving as a border. This was fun!