This week’s Diva Challenge is to use a blind string. I need to do this more often. I always like the results. My tiles seem to have more of a “free spirited” feel to them, less controlled. I forgot to take a picture of the string for my first tile, but it was so much fun that I decided to do a second one and this time remembered to get the picture of the string before I started tangling.
This week the Diva’s challenge is to use Traci Frogley’s tangle Beamz. It’s a great tangle. I hadn’t done it before and I’m not sure if I did it justice, but I think I like how the tile came out in the end and I’ll definitely try Beamz again. Thanks for the challenge Laura!
The tangle I decided to use with Beamz is a tangle I came up with this past week called Lauren, after my granddaughter. I posted the step outs for Lauren and another pattern Li Flr on My Patterns page which you can access above. I came up with Li Flr almost a year ago for the CZT 10 Seminar, but never posted it until now. It’s based on a design on my daughter’s bathroom floor. I’d love to hear what you think of them.
While at the CZT retreat “Jump into January” held in Putney, VT, we did a Tangle Hunt in nearby Brattleboro. In one of the places we visited I saw a simple carved leaf design on old piece of furniture (this design was a border for another familiar looking pattern, Tagh).
I call the design Up n Down. The design was easy to deconstruct, and here is the step out for it. The third step is actually the same as the second, just drawn upside down. So it’s a simple tangle to do and can be used as more than just a border. I’ve included two samples of tiles where I’ve lightly shaded it along the edges of each of the leaf shapes. I’ve also included some variations.