This week’s Diva Challenge is to use Tangle Patterns string #4. I had actually done string #4 when it was first introduced on tanglepatterns.com. So I’m posting two tiles, the one I did last night is the first tile, and the one I did on July 21st of last year is the second.
This week’s Diva challenge was to use a two pencil string. Not as easy as it sounded. It was hard to keep both pencils on the paper at the same time. After several false starts I managed to get the lines on the paper, and from there it was fun! Once I filled in my strings, they looked a little lonely so I added two different striped backgrounds for a little more interest.
This is my second tile for this challenge. I wasn’t really happy with the first one. Somehow my first attempts at cirquital just weren’t doing it for me. I thought it needed something else. Cirquital always reminded me of something sharp and cutting. I decided I needed to soften it up somehow. I added a border to it and more shading. Now I can honestly say that I like it. I also did my own variation of opus which just seemed to fit better on this tile. I’d love some feedback. The second tile is the one I posted yesterday.
This week’s Diva challenge was to use tangles with a stencil. When I was looking for a stencil to use for the challenge I came across this piece I had done several weeks ago using watercolors. It’s a larger piece, 10 x 12, done with an Adele Bishop® stencil which I’ve had for many years. I had set the piece aside because I wasn’t crazy about it. I decided to use it for the challenge and added tangles to it last night, now I love it! Thanks for the challenge Laura, I’m going looking for a frame this afternoon. Because it’s a larger piece, you might need to click on the picture to see the detail.
This week’s Diva challenge was to use Owl Loving April’s new tangle “Birdie Feet”. Initially I thought I’d do a monotangle, but at the last minute decided it was missing something, so I added some orbs, tucking them in like nesting eggs among the bird’s feet.
I’ve also added a couple of tiles I did this week. I’ve been playing around with colored backgrounds and like the effect.